- 200 g cod
- 200 g sweet potato
- 80 g mushrooms
- 50 g baby spinach
- 1 garlic clove
- 10 g breadcrumbs
When I’m feelin’ I need a bit of Southern comfort food, I turn to lightly crumbed cod with potatoes and vegetables. It hits the spot every time. Thes ingredients are so macro friendly that you can eat a HUGE plate of this meal!
- Place the cod on a plate and sprinkle the breadcrumbs over it.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium-high heat.
- Add the fish and sear on either side for 1-2 minutes. The fish is already cooked, so it doesn’t need very long. It’s just to get some heat through and cook the breadcrumbs.
- Put the fish aside. Then add the potatoes, spinach, mushrooms and garlic to the pan. The fat in this dish is low, so if you want to add a little oil for flavor, go for it.
- Add salt and pepper and occasionally stir. Again, these ingredients are precooked so you’re just looking to add heat and wilt the spinach down.
- Plate up together and serve yourself a hearty fish and potato dinner!
For a lower-carb option, reduce the sweet potato and up the mushroom content!