Join Jessica Lucero, Olympic Weightlifter, and her husband Christian Lucero, CrossFit Games Athlete, as they show you how to make indulgent Black Bean Brownies. This is the perfect macro-friendly dessert to share with your loved one (or yourself) on Valentine’s Day!
- 40g oats
- 30g unsweetened cocoa
- 25g coconut flour
- 20g splenda/stevia (track the carbs in these!)
- 100g pumpkin puree
- 430g canned black beans (strained and rinsed thoroughly)
- 100g 97% ff cream cheese at room temperature
- 126g egg whites
- 2 large whole eggs
- 20g mini chocolate chips (half for the batter, half for on top)
- 5g baking powder
- 5g baking soda
- 10g vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, blend all dry ingredients until the oats are fairly finely ground.
- Add in all the wet ingredients except for the chocolate chips, blend until mixture is smooth and beans are fully pureed.
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray, layer half the brownie mix, sprinkle half the chocolate chips, layer the rest of the mixture. Tap down the pan firmly several times to even out batter.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes depending on oven and pan. You want them to still be a bit fudge-y when they come out. Test the brownies by inserting a toothpick in the middle, it's ready when it almost comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, immediately sprinkle remainder of chocolate chips on top. Drag a fork across the melted chocolate chips.
Store each brownie wrapped tightly in saran wrap in the refrigerator. They will last up to a week if you can make them last that long!
Adapted from @katieanne100